quarta-feira, julho 16, 2008

Please Don't Pass Me By

Durante mais de 12 minutos L. Cohen prega as plavras que diz ter lido na rua num homem com um cardboard placard on his back. Esta música está no seu álbum ao vivo mas as suas palavras de pregação estão em todos os seus álbuns.

«Now I know that you're sitting there deep in your velvet seats and you're thinking "Uh, he's up there saying something that he thinks about, but I'll never have to sing that song." But I promise you friends, that you're going to be singing this song: it may not be tonight, it may not be tomorrow, but one day you'll be on your knees and I want you to know the words when the time comes. (...) You're going to have to learn how to sing this song, it goes:

Please don't pass me by,
oh please don't pass me by,
for I am blind, but you can see,
yes, I've been blinded totally,
oh please don't pass me by.»

1 comentário:

Maria disse...

I want to know this words when the time comes, Leo.